Sunday, August 8, 2010

Clay and Fire............





Hi everyone

its been a while since I last entered a post,Ive been busy, busy, busy,creating all manner of things,so here I am to share my explorations.

I have been doing a lot of ceramic work lately,I love clay and the whole process of sculpting,firing and glazing,it always a surprise and I do love a surprise.

I have been using glass in my clay work and loving the results,I will be firing up again this Monday or Tuesday and am very excited as always to see the end result,will be posting the results here of course.

I made a little dish to keep beads in and put some blue beads in it before firing and was so surprised to see them come out a sort of peachy colour,they looked fab,they are now going in for the second fir and I'm hoping they will do alright,maybe I should add more glass before I set the kiln off.
I haven't had much training in clay work,I just wing it as I do with pretty much everything,so I will learn by trial and error along the way.

I have been doing some journal work as well, along with some portrait work and photography.

I have also done a bit of felting lately which made me wonder while I was grooming my Himmy cat what would happen if I wet felted her fur so I let her off early and took off to the bathroom sink and proceeded top felt her fur from grooming and came up with a wonderful little ball with curls,so I have decided to keep her fur from every grooming and see what i can do with it!

Life is never dull and there just inst enough time in every day top fit all that I want to do in.

Books I'm into right now.....rereading Photoshop for Idiots,I love, love, love this book.

Tools of the week...kiln,sculpting tools,camera,paints,pencils and pens.

Inspiration.....Julie Whitmore Pottery,I love her work because I love watercolours,I also love the hand built aspect of her work,its very original..
http://juliewhitmorepottery.blogspot.com/

During my life I was anxious to be what someone else wanted me to be.Now I have given up that struggle.I am what I am.

Below is a video by Gary Reef,its a tut on tile making,lots of fun and great results,give it a go!

See you all again soon xox

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted