Monday, March 9, 2009

Mole skins and watercolors!!!!!!!!!


Well it is my birthday today,not something I like to think about much but I did receive some pretty awesome gifts from my loved ones,so that made up for all the used years that Ive spent so far.

I am now the proud owner of the most wonderful watercolor moleskin visual journal thanx to my my lovely big sweet son,it is just amazing and I cant wait to fill its beautiful pages with all the things that I love,I will use ink,watercolor,colored pencils,coffee stains,photos and what ever I can muster up to express myself,how exciting!!!

I also was given a 72 pencil box of Inktense watercolor pencils,these pencils are awesome,Ive been using them now for quite a while,they are very vibrant and are just magic to work with,If you are a journaler or painter and you havent used these pencils then you need to give them a try,they are fantastic.

My brother gave me some Cotamn pan watercolors to keep in my bag along with a pocket sized notebook journal and some postcard watercolor paper,I really appreciated these as my travel pack needed topping up pretty badly,so I am ready to paint where ever I am.

My hubby purchased two books for me,the Decorated Journal by Gwen Diehn and Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander,they are just two awesome and inspiring books to own and I love that he gave them to me,they are just beautiful and filled with such inspiration and eye candy so if you don't have them in your personal library then you must get them for yourself..

I have been journaling quite a bit lately,not actually doing to much professional work as Ive been in hospital and have been concentrating on recovering from the surgery but I'm well again and will get ready for the seaside festival next month,wooohooo I love this event...

I have made some pretty little boxes to sell on Etsy and some tiny ring boxes as well,they are awesome,I love the ring boxes best of all,wood,sand and little faces,so cute and strange.

Well I have much to do and lots to update so until next time be happy,kind and brave!

Favey color this week is...pink ..and green.
Favey artist this week is ... Borrimini bear you can see her awesome sketch books at flickr.. be sure to check out her work it is so inspiring...to see her work follow the link at the side that says here is Borromini bear!
Favey book is... The Decorated Journal by Gwen Diehn
Favey art tool this week is... my new visual journal...

Favey quote this week is ...The mark of a man is how he treats a man that is of no possible use to him.

.

1 comment:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You received some wonderful thoughtful gifts!! xo Michele


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted