Sunday, March 1, 2009

Visual Journaling!


Well its been a couple of weeks since my last blog,I have been in hospital and out again,I had taken up residence on the couch while I recovered and rather than moan and groan and I did moan and groan a bit,I decided to journal.

I set up our rather large coffee table with paints,inks,pens,color pencils, journals and went for it,I would do a couple of pages and lay down,rest and get back up to do more,it worked out well and I managed to do a great many designs for future art works,so I am actually quite impressed with my motivation considering I was in quite a bit of pain in the first four days but I am now recovering rapidly and cant wait to hit he studio and get cracking on some dolls and canvases.

I purchased some new journals,I have so many already but I wanted to have a journal for future art designs,a journal for day to day reflection,a journal for my doll designs as my others are filling up again and a journal for what I see around me,the trouble is that I have too many and space is running out but I can live with that.

My favey tools for journaling are watercolors in a pan,watercolor pencils,indian ink and nib pen,gel pens,,stamps,various sized ink liner pens and colored pencils,I use different sized journals and prefer the spiral bound ones as you can lay them flat while you work,Windsor and newton spiral journals a re great and cost effective as well.

I find that journaling is a great way to losen up,you dont have to be too precise or detailed,you needn't be perfect,you just get it all down quickly and loosely so that you have a concept to work from later,I so recommend journaling every day to stay loose and honest in your work,jouranls are also great reference books to go back over later for ideas and such,I use mine all the time.

If you get chance pop over to Flickr and check out the moleskin groups,you will be inspired in a mighty way I promise!

Also check out a incredible artist Len Cowgill his work will truly inspire you!
You will find Lens link at the side of my blog with some of my favey people..

Favey color this week is...argghhh ..green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favey art tool this week is..gel pens and markers..great for journals.

Favey book is Altered books,collaborative journals,and other adventures in book making by Holly Harrison.

Favey quote this week is..they may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel. by Carl W Buechner

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted