Thursday, March 19, 2009

The box

I have been doing watercolours lately,nothing to serious,just relaxing and journling,Ive finished some little hand made books and just reflected about the way my life is going.

I have decided to add an entry from a blog I have at myspace and it goes as follows....

The thought for the day is....The box of life,mm strange I hear you say and it is indeed a strange concept but bare with me...a while ago I made a little box,it is just a cardboard box with sting and stuff stuck to it,it isnt very pretty or special but it does have words written on it,they say this...Life is like a box,there is only so much that you can fit into it...What will you fill your box of life with....Will your box of life be filled with the foul stench of rotten things...Will your box of life be clean and orderly or full of surprises...Will your box of life be filled with the aroma of spices and nature..Ask yourself..what will you fill your box of life with...
I took the lid of this little box and filled it with colourful things,bright and happy things,why..well to remind me to make the most of the life I have been given,to enjoy all its wonders and wonderful people and things,to look around and to appreciate all that I have and be gratefull that I have been given a life to live..

So why dont you make a little box and fill it with the things that inspire you to live fully and well,it may just be a feather,a stone,a piece of paper with a single word on it,whatever just do it and keep in sight,it may just surprise you at how often it reminds you to live a better life.

Tool of the week is...inktense watercolor pencils
Favey color this week...mmm I think green
Favey book this week is...what women want

Hint of the week is...keep a visual journal,fill it with your heart and soul,return to it every day and put your energy there for you to use another day,let it all loose there and let it be your place of release and refuge,make it dark,make it colorful,make it sad,make it joyful,make it naughty but make it you!

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted