Saturday, September 20, 2008


It is a beautiful spring afternoon and Im sitting here blogging,go figure,I should be out and about with camera in hand, still blogging is a wonderful thing as well.

These past four days have been very creative,Ive finished up my exhibition works and they are ready to go,I focused on Mary as an icon ion Christian art,I had wanted to portray her uniting strength as a mother but instead came out with the iconic aspect of her as figured in art history,still I'm fairly happy about it.
Ian made the frames and I decorated them,I tried to achieve an old mahogany look and added the metal trim to give them the old world feel,I think it all blends quite well with the subject,though I don't know if I will be able to do this with the canvas Mary,we will see.

I finished Haunted,I decided to leave it pretty raw with the canvas showing through,I was going to sell this one but Ive hung it up and will keep it,she belongs with me, argghhh I hate to part with my work,I will never be a rich artist,though I don't mind selling off the big works for the sake of space.
Haunted is such a simple painting,I just wanted to get that look in her eyes showing a pain of memories past,I think she is close to my heart in that she has suffered yet triumphed as we all do in the journey of life and time,she is a keeper.

The dolls have been on hold this past week,well almost,Ive sewn some bodies for some little hanging dolls,they have a name but Ive forgotten it,dotee dolls?
I have also sewn up three more Tadmer dolls for the book,to show different ways to embellish and paint them,I will be working on them again soon.

The illustrations for the kids book is a slow process,I'm having trouble finding the style I want to go with and the way I want to present the characters,still it will be done,I just don't know when,I have done a lot of water colours to hash out the style I want,to go cartoon or to be literal to a degree,mmmmm scratching brain on that one..

I have been missing the feel of clay lately and think that I will soon be working once again is the studio downstairs with clay and hot hot kilns,sounds like a plan.
Next week is the week for the big studio to be cleaned out,repainted and be readied for the oncoming warmer months,Ive been working primarily in the smaller inside studio through winter but now I'm itching to get back to the quiet space of my out side studio,to fire up the kilns open up the big easels and get down and dirty with paint and clay,ooohhh sounds good.

Ok well I'm off to finish up a few things and go fiber hunting at the local craft store,yipeeeee.


Wassily Kandinsky: Quotes on Art
There is no must in art because art is free.

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted