Friday, September 26, 2008


Really helpful studio equipment....
I have light box tucked away in my studio that I use primarily for tattooing,but this awesome tool is great for many other creative en devours,I use it all time for transferring images from my sketch book onto watercolour paper,it is wonderful to be able to catch that very same drawing and reproduce it simply for a painting,you can also use it to place a variety of different images from many pages of your sketch book into the one large painting.
I also keep an overhead projector to transfer my sketch book images onto canvas into a larger format,I find that these two studio items are just wonderful and save so much time.

Favorite paint colour this week is Brown Madder by Jo Sonja,it is a deep beautiful nut brown that I have been using on shadow boxes and frames for the up and coming exhibition,I paint the frames first in brown madder,let it dry and them paint lightly over with black and then wipe away with a damp cloth so that the brown madder will show through,varnish with gloss and it looks like old mahogany,lovely.

Favorite craft for the week is decorating little juice bottles with stickers and skirts,so pretty,will upload photos tomorrow.

Photoshoot of the week was with dolls and my favey teddy........

Deepak Chopra: Compassion Quotes

Giving connects two people, the giver and the receiver, and this connection gives birth to a new sense of belonging.

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted