Friday, October 17, 2008

Props and things.


Its been a hectic two weeks since I last blogged,I haven't achieved to much,Pain management has been my main focus but I'm back up and going for a while,so there will be no stopping me.
I spent the day working on my book today and managed to do quite a bit,I also managed to get an illustration done for the cat book I'm working on which is fantastic considering I was suffering a block with it but I'm now unblocked and heading in the right direction,yay!
Ive got a few more dolls half finished and will complete them this week,I'm getting rather excited about my progress,its all taking shape so nicely.
I have to make some more back ground props for the photos I need to take,I use heavy cardboard or foam core,paint my designs or collage or both,stencils are great to use for this with some texture paste,you put down your stencil,and trowel your texture paste over it,lift stencil and let paste dry,undercoat and paint away,brilliant for a variety of effects and moods.
Tomorrow is going to be spent on dolls and then a tattoo to do in the evening,so a creative day to be had all going well,so will update tomorrow evening with photos and news.
Oops almost forgot to say that the exhibition went off really well,a nice turn out,lots of people and a good time to catch up with fellow artists,very inspiring night and the art work was exceptional!

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted