Saturday, October 4, 2008

Working it out....


The exhibition has arrived,set up yesterday and opening night on Friday,glad its done so I can now get on with other things,I want to get an Etsy shop up and running,work the books more and paint more.

I have been working with paper clay the past few days,finding it a bit of a challenge,I used plastic eyes for the face,which is looking cool,I managed to get about six heads sculpted and one full figure,I cant wait until they are dry enough to paint...

I made some cloth bunnies and used plastic dolls eyes on one,he looks so creepy and cool,I used pellets for stuffing this time around which has been good,it makes them sit better.

I am in the process of designing more dolls for the book,this is the slow part,working out how to put them together and to get them as they look in the illustration but it is worth it when a character rises from the page to be a real life looking doll,its very rewarding.
I remember the first time I designed a doll on paper and brought it to life,my son had asked for a pirate doll so I drew some designs had him pick the one he liked and made it,it was great,the doll came out just as it was on paper,I just wish I had recorded it,the doll has since died from over loving,I still have whats left of it and perhaps I should resurrect it.

I will be making some books soon,hand bound and hand made papers,this is something I do in summer,I usually start at the beginning of the season,also I will be firing up more often with the kilns to make pendants and jewelery bits so I don't think I will exhibit for some time,it is so time consuming and for me takes me away from the exploration that I so love,so I will keep the next few months free just to do my thang...

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

No comments:


dolls

dolls

tiny teeny portrait

tiny teeny portrait
watercolour miniature

something about Mary

something about Mary
just one of many..

leonardos lady

leonardos lady

Spring

Spring

sweet cakes and roses

sweet cakes and roses
yum yums

yet another Mary

yet another Mary

my id

my id

ted

ted